Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a pathology in which there is difficulty to achieve and maintain an erection. At the same time a man can retain the ability to conduct coitus. When a man is not able to have sexual contact, erectile dysfunction becomes extreme impotence stage. This delicate problem may become a huge psychological trauma for men, especially if he has not yet reached old age. But it should be noted that we can talk about ED if the quality fails to achieve an erection in 25% of intercourse.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
According to the source http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Erectile-dysfunction/Pages/Introduction.aspx, among the reasons causing erectile dysfunction, we should distinguish physical and psychological. The physical include:
- endocrine (organic violation of the process of formulating the male hormone – testosterone, the cause of which can be, for example, genetic predisposition, or swelling)
- medication (receiving drugs that reduce the production of testosterone, for example, drugs which depress the activity of the brain)
- trauma or surgery
- cardiovascular disease, for example, vasoconstriction, going directly to the penis, resulting in elevated levels of blood cholesterol (hypertension), or diabetes
- the use of high doses of alcohol
- increased anxiety;
- violation of the relationship symptoms.
Symptoms of erectile dysfunction can be considered
- lack of libido;
- lack of erection;
- premature ejaculation;
- appearance and rapid disappearance of erection.
To begin the treatment of ED, you need to see a specialist. Only a doctor will prescribe the necessary tests and examinations and properly establish the cause of the disease. If the cause is hormonal, hormone therapy is needed. When vascular disease doctor may prescribe medications to lower cholesterol – statins, will advise the correct diet. Probably, the patient will have to change their way of life- to do exercise, take measures to reduce the weight, quit smoking and limit alcohol consumption. If the causes of erectile dysfunction are in the field of psychology, psychotherapy is help. Normalization of sleep and rest mode, massage and relaxation, natural healing factors – sea air, or vacation in the mountains – can also be very useful in this situation.
Solutions of ED problems can be:
- using a vacuum pump;
- injection into the corpora cavernosa of the penis, providing longer lasting erections;
- a set of special exercise;
- effective natural medicines.
Natural alternatives to treat ED
According data from http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/condition/sexual-dysfunction and http://www.healthline.com/health/erectile-dysfunction/ed-natural-treatments#Acupuncture9, natural substances come to help in solving the problem.
- Ginseng and Rhodiola rosea, called “herbal Viagra”, has successfully passed clinical trials in 2008. Taking these drugs significantly improved sexual function in the control group.
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is a hormone secreted by the adrenal glands. In men with erectile dysfunction it’s level is lowered. An additional technique helps to correct the problem.
- L-arginine is a natural substance of the human body. An additional technique helps relax the blood vessels and improves erection. Positive results showed 31% of men in the control group. In combination with the herbal preparation Pycnogenol, L-arginine operates more effektive – 92% of men regain lost function after 3 months of admission.
- Maca since is known from ancient times. It has antidepressant and aphrodisiac properties, stimulate the production of sex hormones, increases libido. It has a positive effect on erectile function.
- Acupuncture, common in Chinese medicine, also gives very good results in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
Preventive measures for the prevention of ED include the care of your own health and the creation of good habits:
- keeping weight within limits of normal;
- regular exercise or physical activity;
- the inclusion in the ration of fruits and vegetables that are rich in fiber and vitamins;
- regular monitoring of the level of cholesterol and blood sugar;
- renouncement from smoking and drunkenness.
Take care of your health and be happy!